Friday 31 October 2014

15 Reasons Why I Love - NYC


Decided to create a new series, '15 Reasons Why I Love' something, this time, it's going to be New York City. New York holds some of my fondest memories, when I was younger, I visited between two holidays, and I remember it like it was yesterday. I stayed in my first five-star hotel, 'The Grand Hyatt' and it was fab.

1. The New York skyline. No words can describe how fantastic it is to see in person.
2. Liberty Island. Here you can find the statue of liberty, a giant copper creation that dates back decades, marking American Independence
3. The area around the Twin Towers. Makes you wonder what it was like on that day. 9/11. Feels so surreal, but sort of nostalgic at the same time. It's great.
4. Brooklyn. On the outskirts of NYC, Brooklyn is a little wonder. I love the graffiti on the bricked walls and the street musicians.
5. Times Square. 'Bright Lights and City Skies' Giant billboards filled with concerts. I can't wait for the day I'm in New York for Christmas and New Year.
6. Central Park. 843 acres of beauty. I remember the afternoon we got our portraits done, me and my sister got Caricatures done. Such fun memories.
7. Shopping. The shopping here is insane. The shops just don't stop,
8. The Rickety Carts. We took one of these at night, through Times Square, it was glorious, and far better than a Yellow Cab.
9. The Hudson River. May not be the cleanest, but certainly is great for photos.
10. The Diners. New York may have some of the best high end shops 
11. The Empire State Building. If you watch 'How I Met Your Mother' you'll know that Ted shares a love with 'Empie' that I do too.
12. The Skyscrapers. These make you feel tiny, but so alive.
13. Grand Central Station. Aside from St. Pancras, this is the greatest station I have ever been to in my life. The clock is enormous and the aura of people hustling and bustling is something I will never forget.
14. Chinatown. Like London and Los Angeles, New York is no exception. Chinatown is where you'll find the best Noodles Hands Down
15. Manhattan. The life and soul of NYC, beautiful, modern and historic at the same time. I love it.

I can't wait to potentially visit more and more over the next decade of my life, I really want to live here one day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment